CRC Bike Registration and Secure Bike Room Access
Bike theft is a problem in Boston. Here are 3 tips for making sure your bike isn’t stolen:
- Use a U-lock (not a cable lock) and lock your bike well
- Register your bike with BU
- Use BU’s secure bike rooms
We can help you with the last two (and we can tell you where to get a U-lock as well).
Transportation Services’ bike registration program is open to all members of the BU community free of charge. Benefits include:
- Allowing the Boston University Police Department to use bicycle registration data to contact the owners of recovered bicycles (e.g., those that are lost or stolen)
- Notification if your bike is impounded
- Occasional news about bike programs and events
- Access to seven secure bike rooms campuswide!
To register your bicycle, bring it to the BUCK at 1019 Commonwealth Ave. Be sure to check hours.
Secure Bike Room Access
Locking your bike behind a locked door provides an extra measure of security.
- For access to the Charles River Campus’ secure bike rooms, just register your bike (see above)! Access may take up the 3 business days after registration.
- All CRC bike room registration expires on May 31st of each year.
- To renew access to Charles River Campus bike rooms, fill out this form. Access renewal may take up to 3 business days.
- For access to the BUMC bike cage at 710 Albany Street, fill out this form.
The following seven bike rooms are accessible to anyone with a registered bike:
- West Campus – 32 Harry Agganis Way
- Student Village – 10 Buick Street
- Howard Thurman Center – 808 Comm Ave.
- South Campus – 504 Park Drive
- Kilachand Center (CILSE) – 610 Comm Ave.
- Warren Towers – 700 Comm Ave.
- Center for Computing & Data Sciences – 665 Comm Ave.
The following dorms have secure bike rooms that are only accessible to building residents: StuVi2, Kilachand, Myles, Danielsen, and various brownstones.