Scholarship for Parents
Boston University’s Metropolitan College offers 50 percent off tuition for parents with children in Boston and Chelsea public schools.
The Scholarship for Parents opens the door to a college degree—along with new career opportunities, personal enrichment, and a chance for parents to share the inspiration of a college education with their children.
Qualifying parents choose from 15 on-campus bachelor’s degree programs at BU’s Metropolitan College—and benefit from the convenience of evening classes.
To qualify for the Scholarship for Parents, you must:
- Have a child enrolled in a Boston or Chelsea public school
- Be a United States citizen or permanent resident
- Have completed six college courses with a GPA of 3.0 or above
Scholarship Application Guidelines
To apply for the Scholarship for Parents, please submit the following:
- Metropolitan College Application for Undergraduate Admission
- Scholarship for Parents Application form
- Scholarship Essay (may also be used for undergraduate admission)
- Address how you first became interested in your area of study. What activities, experiences, people, etc., have fostered this interest? What are your long-term goals, and how will this scholarship impact your studies at Boston University?
- Limit your essay to two, double-spaced typewritten pages—approximately 400 words.
- Letter of Recommendation
- Official high school transcript
- Official transcripts from all schools attended
- Verification of child’s enrollment in Boston or Chelsea Public School
- Scholarship applications are reviewed each year on June 15, August 1,
and December 1
- Only completed applications will be considered
- Applicants are notified within two weeks of the review date
Send complete application materials to:
Boston University Metropolitan College
Director, Student Services
1010 Commonwealth Avenue, 1st Floor
Boston, MA 02215
If you have any questions, contact Student Services at 617-353-2980 or firstname.lastname@example.org.