The Osher Reentry Scholarship
Established at Boston University’s Metropolitan College by the Bernard Osher Foundation in 2008, the Osher Reentry Scholarship is available to eligible adult students with a cumulative gap of five or more years in the pursuit of their first undergraduate degree.
All undergraduate applicants are automatically considered for this award when a completed application is reviewed. To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must:
- Be an adult reentry student between the ages of 25 and 50.
- Show evidence of a cumulative gap in the pursuit of their first undergraduate degree of five or more years.
- Be a United States citizen or permanent resident.
- Be planning to return to or continue in the workforce.
- Show evidence of financial need by filing a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Recipients of this annual scholarship will receive up to $2,500 per semester. Students will be notified of their selection to the award once their admissions application and FAFSA form have been processed confirming that all eligibility requirements have been met.