BS in Management Studies—Accelerated
NOTE: This site is an archive of 2012–2013 programs and policies at Boston University Metropolitan College. If you are looking for current information about Metropolitan College and its programs, please go to our official website.
The two-year Accelerated Degree Completion Program (ADCP) provides a fast-track to a Bachelor of Science (BS) in Management Studies from Boston University.
The ADCP is uniquely designed to match the energy and talents of professionals who have risen in the business environment without having completed their bachelor’s degree, and offers a cohesive, traditional college experience for motivated adults. Students enter the program as part of a cohort, and graduate together as a class—meanwhile benefiting from strong personal and professional connections, career networking opportunities, and the University’s recreational resources.
The program’s concentrated, structured course of study makes it possible to complete a BU undergraduate degree in just two years—four semesters and two summers. To meet the needs of busy adults and reduce commuting time, this campus-based program includes a combination of traditional classroom, blended, and online course formats.
Additionally, students who achieve a GPA of 3.0 or higher in the program are guaranteed admission—with advanced standing—to a MET graduate degree program in Administrative Sciences.
The Management Studies track provides a comprehensive foundation in the liberal arts and sciences, as well as state-of-the-art management theory and practice in a wide range of topics such as finance, e-commerce, market analysis, and project and operations management.
Applicants are selected based on their academic background and professional experience. They are expected to have completed a minimum of 64 transferable academic credits, including the equivalent of a freshman-level English writing course and a college-level course in mathematics or related quantitative area. Five years of full-time work experience is also required. A completed application, official high school and college transcripts, and a current résumé are necessary for admission.
(total 64 credits)
The Accelerated Degree Completion Program comprises 16 required courses. Please see the Course Listing for all course descriptions.
- MET HU 400 Great Works of the Modern Era
- MET IS 400 Great Ideas in Western Thought
- MET IS 401 Communication Skills I
- MET IS 403 Natural Science in Contemporary Society
- MET MG 410 Entrepreneurial Management
- MET MG 415 Project Management
- MET MG 448 Electronic Commerce, Systems, and Web Design
- MET MG 460 Senior Project I
- MET MG 461 Senior Project II
- MET MG 472 Financial Concepts
- MET MG 473 Quantitative and Qualitative Decision Making
- MET MG 503 Business in a Changing Society
- MET MG 520 International Business Management
- MET MG 541 The Innovation Process: Developing New Products and Services*
- MET MG 550 International Business Law and Regulation*
- One Humanities elective
*May be applied toward the MS in Administrative Studies.