BS in Management Studies—Accelerated
The two-year Accelerated Degree Completion Program (ADCP) provides a fast track to a Bachelor of Science (BS) in Management Studies from Boston University. The Management Studies track provides a comprehensive foundation in the liberal arts and sciences, as well as state-of-the-art management theory and practice in a wide range of topics such as finance, e-commerce, market analysis, and project and operations management.
- A broad overview of the concepts, theories, and applications of management and liberal arts.
- The insights to be creative and flexible so as to generate and apply critical thinking.
- Preparedness to lead and manage in a wide range of employment scenarios.
- The analytical and non-analytical tools necessary to address a wide range of general management problems.
- The business skills and tools necessary to compete in a complicated, quickly changing global environment.
The ADCP is uniquely designed to match the energy and talents of professionals who have risen in the business environment without having completed their bachelor’s degree, and offers a cohesive, traditional college experience for motivated adults. Students enter the program as part of a cohort and graduate together as a class—meanwhile benefiting from strong personal and professional connections, career networking opportunities, and the University’s recreational resources.
The program’s concentrated, structured course of study makes it possible to complete a BU undergraduate degree in just two years—four semesters and two summers. To meet the needs of busy adults and reduce commuting time, this campus-based program includes a combination of traditional classroom and blended formats.
Additionally, students who achieve a GPA of 3.0 or higher in the program are guaranteed admission to the following master’s degree programs (offered either on campus or online) with two courses* of advanced standing:
- Master of Science in Administrative Studies
- Master of Science in Applied Business Analytics
- Master of Science in Enterprise Risk Management
- Master of Science in Financial Management
- Master of Science in Global Marketing Management
- Master of Science in Project Management
- Master of Science in Supply Chain Management
For current admissions information, please visit the Metropolitan College website.
(total 64 credits)
The Accelerated Degree Completion Program comprises 16 required courses. Please see the Course Listing for all course descriptions.
All BU undergraduate students, including transfer students, will pursue coursework in the BU Hub, the University’s general education program that is integrated into the entire undergraduate experience. BU Hub requirements can be satisfied in a number of ways, including coursework in and beyond the major as well as through cocurricular activities. Students in the ADCP cohort will ordinarily, through the set program curriculum, satisfy all BU Hub requirements.
- MET HU 400 Great Works of the Modern Era
- MET IS 400 Great Ideas
- MET IS 401 Communication Skills I
- MET IS 403 Natural Science in Contemporary Society
- MET MG 410 Entrepreneurial Management: Starting, Innovating, and Managing Small-, Medium-, and Large-Sized Ventures
- MET MG 415 Project Management
- MET MG 448 Electronic Commerce, Systems, and Web Design
- MET MG 460 Senior Project I
- MET MG 472 Financial Concepts
- MET MG 473 Quantitative and Qualitative Decision-Making
- MET MG 503 Business in a Changing Society
- MET MG 515 Negotiations and Organizational Conflict Resolution
- MET MG 520 International Business Management
- MET MG 541 The Innovation Process: Developing New Products and Services
- MET MG 550 International Business Law and Regulation
- One elective course
*Two 500-level courses may be applied toward a master’s degree within the Administrative Sciences department (with an earned grade of “B” or higher).