Non-Degree Coursework & Certificates
Students interested in non-degree study may be interested in fulfilling professional development requirements or pursuing recreational study. BU Wheelock offers a number of graduate-level, non-degree certificates in a variety of program areas.
See a complete list of all of BU Wheelock’s non-degree certificate programs.
Non-Degree Course Registration
To register for individual courses as a non-degree student:
- Review our full list of potential course offerings in the BU Bulletin
- Reference the Boston University Registrar’s Class Schedule to determine the semester in which your course of interest is being offered
- Fill out a registration form with all required information for your course(s)
- Submit your registration form via email to the Office of Data & Enrollment Management at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once registered, you will receive additional information regarding your bill and other important information for non-degree students via email before your semester begins
Please note: Should you later be admitted into a degree-granting program, up to 8 credits of non-degree coursework can be transferred to the program. View our full transfer credit policy. For questions regarding non-degree coursework, email the Office of Data & Enrollment Management.
Practitioners interested in learning more about Field Associate Scholarships or selecting a course to take at BU Wheelock can find helpful information about these scholarships and suggested coursework.
SEI Courses or Licensure
For those seeking to fulfill an SEI course requirement, professional licensure requirements, or those with any other questions related to non-degree coursework and their licensure requirements, contact Assistant Director of Professional Preparation & Licensure Officer Zara Nizami-Azadzoi at email@example.com.