Boston University Wheelock College of Education & Human Development offers professional development opportunities for educators and administrators. Classes are offered at convenient times for working professionals. You may enroll in programs for certificates of advanced graduate study (CAGS) or graduate non-degree certificates, or take individual courses as a non-degree student.
Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study (CAGS)
BU Wheelock certificates of advanced graduate study (CAGS) offer students who already hold master’s degrees the opportunity to grow as a professional and as a leader. Our CAGS programs provide students with in-depth knowledge and expertise in a specific field or subject area. For graduates of our programs, having a CAGS can open up opportunities for advancement, higher-level positions, and increased responsibilities. Learn more about our CAGS programs.
BU Wheelock offers a number of graduate-level, non-degree certificates. These programs offer professionals the chance to hone their skills in fields such as special education, child & youth policy, science education, teaching English as a second language, and more. What’s more, many of our graduate certificates prepare aspiring teachers for licensure in several subjects, including English as a second language, physics education, and teaching students with severe disabilities.
Available Graduate Certificate Programs
- Autism & Emotional/Behavioral Disorders
- Biology Education (Secondary level)
- Child & Youth Policy
- Chemistry Education (Secondary level)
- Community-Engaged Research & Evaluation
- Education for Equity & Democracy
- English as a Second Language (ESL) Licensure (PreK-6 & 5-12)
- Literacy Instruction & Intervention
- Physics Education (Secondary level)
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- Teaching Students with Severe Disabilities
- Teaching Students with Moderate Disabilities (PreK-8 & 5-12) Licensure
- World Language Education
Admissions Information for Graduate Certificate Programs
With a Boston University graduate certificate, you’ll be well prepared to make the next step in your career as a professional in education or human development. For more information about how to apply to BU Wheelock graduate certificate programs, visit Graduate Admissions.
BU Wheelock allows non-degree study for those hoping to take individual courses outside a degree or certificate program. Learn more about registering for coursework as a non-degree student.