Online Master’s Programs
Boston University Wheelock College of Education & Human Development offers four online Master of Education (EdM) programs. All of BU Wheelock’s online master’s degrees provide an asynchronous, interactive learning experience that gives students a flexible course schedule with opportunities to engage with their faculty and peers.
Students in the online master’s programs receive hands-on support from faculty and our student services team throughout the duration of the program. Boston University online programs expose our students to cutting-edge scholarship that is designed to improve practice and allow them to develop critical knowledge and skills that can be applied immediately as a professional.
Want to know more about online learning and what to expect? Find out more about Boston University Online Education.
What Makes Boston University Online Master’s (EdM) Programs Unique?
- BU Wheelock’s four fully online Master of Education degree programs offer flexibility and adaptability
- Asynchronous learning works with your busy schedule
- Continuous support is available as you navigate your online education
- All programs are fully accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
Online Master’s Degree Programs
EdM in Curriculum & TeachingLearn More
- A fully online master’s program designed for working educators.
- Choose from one of seven content-specific tracks.
- Flexible, asynchronous learning with live interactions that fit your schedule.
EdM in Education for Equity & Social JusticeLearn More
- Prepare to confront the consequences of systemic inequities and discrimination.
- Tap the intellectual resources available across several of Boston University’s schools and college to understand and address inequity by drawing on multiple perspectives.
- Offered fully online with the option to take electives in person.
EdM in Higher Education AdministrationLearn More
- Gain the knowledge and skills to become a leader in student life, financial aid, admissions, and more.
- Faculty are higher education experts and active members of professional organizations such as NASPA.
- Fully online classes feature asynchronous learning and live sessions that fit your schedule.
EdM in World Language EducationLearn More
- Open to world language teachers of any modern language. Option for licensure.
- Aspiring world language educators may begin their journey toward becoming a teacher of adults, in international settings, or private school settings.
- Advancing world language educators may expand and deepen their pedagogical and curricular expertise.
How to Apply
Ready for the next step? Here’s how to apply.
Begin by reviewing the application requirements to ensure you have all the materials needed to apply. You’ll need a résumé or CV, transcripts, letters of recommendation, and a completed application form. For a full list of what is required, visit the Graduate Application Requirements.
BU Wheelock Online Master of Education Programs – FAQs
Can I complete the online EdM part-time?
All the online Master of Education programs at BU Wheelock can be completed in either a part- or full-time schedule. This makes our online programs even more flexible and accessible to those who have work or family commitments and require a more adaptable schedule.
What will a typical week look like?
Because our programs offer asynchronous learning, the majority of your coursework can be completed on your schedule. This means that a typical week could look different from student to student depending on when they have availability to complete lectures and assignments.
Some of the BU Wheelock online master’s degree programs have live interactions, which means you’ll have a scheduled call for a virtual meeting with your professor and peers. These interactions, though structured, are also designed to fit seamlessly into your schedule.
Is there financial support available to online master’s degree students?
BU Wheelock online master’s degree students do have access to financial aid resources like scholarships and fellowships, federal financial assistance, and private education loans. To learn more about these resources and what you may qualify for, visit Financial Assistance.
Earn Your Master of Education Degree Online at BU Wheelock
With a Boston University Wheelock College of Education & Human Development online Master of Education, you can advance your education and career on your schedule. You’ll earn a top-notch education in a format that is convenient for wherever you are in life. Start your application today.