For all the MAIA, MGP, MAIR, MA LAS, and dual degree programs at the Pardee School, the average application process from start to finish typically takes between 4-6 weeks. Applications are considered complete once ALL components of the application have been received. Candidates who apply through the Global Impact Deferred Admissions process and BA/MAIA candidates should follow the guidelines associated with their program.
Spring 2022 Application Process Timeline:
- August 26, 2021: Application system opens to receive new applications.
- November 1, 2021: Deadline for priority aid consideration.
- December 1, 2021: Deadline for all spring applications for international candidates to be submitted, including ALL required supporting documentation.
- December 15, 2021: Deadline for all spring applications for domestic candidates to be submitted, including ALL required supporting documentation.
Fall 2022 Application Process Timeline:
- August 26 2021: Application system opens to receive new applications.
- January 20, 2022: First priority deadline for aid consideration.
- March 15, 2022: Second priority deadline for aid consideration.
- July 15, 2022: Deadline for all fall applications for international candidates to be submitted, including ALL required supporting documentation.
- August 1, 2022: Deadline for all fall applications for domestic candidates to be submitted, including ALL required supporting documentation.
On average, decisions are communicated 3 weeks after all application components have been received. Only complete applications will be sent to the Admissions Committee for review.
International student visa can be issued up to 120 days in advance of the start date of the program, but students will only be allowed to enter the country 30 days before the start date of the program. As such, we recommended that international students apply as soon as possible. Ideally, international candidates should submit an application at least 3 months before the start date of the program to ensure they can complete the admissions process and process a student visa in time.
- Any well-qualified person with a four-year bachelor’s degree at the time of enrollment from a recognized college or university, or with equivalent international education, may apply for admission to the Pardee School.
- Applicants who have a three-year bachelor’s degree from an institution accredited by India’s National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) may apply.
All applicants must submit:
- The online application form.
- $95 application fee.
- Unofficial transcripts for all prior universities you attended for any period of time.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation.
- A personal statement.
- A resume or CV.
If English is not your native language, or your undergraduate degree program was not conducted in English, you must demonstrate your English language proficiency by submitting scores from one of the tests listed below. Minimum scores for each test are noted.
- Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL): 84 minimum, 21 minimum in each section (reading, writing, speaking, listening), My Best Score included
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS academic test only): 7.0 overall band score
- Cambridge CAE: C1
- The Duolingo English Test: 105 minimum
Please see the Standardized Testing page for additional instructions.
Applications are not considered “complete” until all required items are submitted. Only complete applications will be sent to the Admissions Committee for review. Candidates who submit incomplete applications will be informed of the elements of their application that are missing via email. We encourage candidates to respond to the notification as soon as possible in order to ensure an admissions decision is communicated as soon as possible.
Candidates applying to the dual degree programs, either the IR/JD at BU Law or the IR/MBA at the Questrom school of Business, need to apply to both schools separately. Enrollment in a dual degree program is contingent upon admission to both schools. Candidates should check with the respective schools regarding required exam submission to apply, such as the LSAT, GRE, or GMAT exams.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have additional questions on the application and admissions process? Visit our Graduate Admissions FAQ page for more details.
Do you have questions regarding testing requirements at the Pardee School? Visit our Standardized Testing page for more details.