Recognizing that a competitive business environment rewards those who continually refine new skills in specific areas, Boston University’s Metropolitan College (MET) offers the Undergraduate Certificate in International Business Management. Steeped in international perspectives of industry, the International Business Management certificate establishes an informed base of knowledge on how businesses and corporations operate in global markets.
Whether you are looking to take the first step towards a future degree or want to enjoy the competitive advantage that comes with earning a meaningful credential from a leading research university, the Undergraduate Certificate in International Business Management at BU MET will train you for a future in corporate leadership.
Program at a Glance
- On Campus
- 16 Credits
- 8–12 Months
A Foundation for Success in International Business
Metropolitan College’s Undergraduate Certificate in International Business Management will equip you with:
- Basic knowledge of corporations, and how they operate in the global competitive market.
- A knowledge-base that prepares them for graduate business work in the future.
Why Complete Your International Business Management Certificate at BU?
- Engaged Faculty: In BU MET’s International Business Management certificate program, an exceptional student-to-instructor ratio ensures close interaction with highly qualified faculty who draw from active research and substantial professional achievements in areas such as project management, global finance, and international regulations and laws.
- Extensive Network: Study financial concepts, organizational behavior, advertising, and principles of marketing alongside peers with professional experience, learn from faculty who have valuable contacts throughout the international business world, and benefit from a global alumni community with strong connections.
- Student Support: Benefit from access to personalized professional academic advice from the team of academic counselors in MET Enrollment & Student Success.
- Valuable Resources: Make use of Boston University’s extensive resources, including the Center for Career Development, Educational Resource Center, Fitness & Recreation Center, IT Help Centers, Mugar Memorial Library, Center for Antiracist Research, Howard Thurman Center for Common Ground, George Sherman Union, and many others.
- Flexible Schedule: Pursue your studies part-time, at the pace that works for you, evenings on campus.
- Affordable Tuition: Complete your studies part-time at BU at a substantial savings compared to full-time study.
- Financial Assistance: Undergraduate students at BU MET are eligible for a range of financial aid and community-minded scholarship opportunities designed to support those investing in their education part-time who still need to navigate full-time responsibilities.
Flexible, Part-Time Degree Completion—at Boston University
Boston University’s Metropolitan College offers a wide range of bachelor’s degree completion programs in convenient, part-time evening formats—ideal for busy professionals who seek to earn a Boston University degree without turning their personal lives upside down or putting their careers on hold. Along with self-paced programs in a variety of majors on campus, MET also offers the Online Undergraduate Degree Completion Program, leading to a bachelor’s in Interdisciplinary Studies.
A variety of undergraduate certificate programs provide the opportunity for focused study in a specific subject. Certificates can work into select degree programs at MET, offer breadth to current studies, or build professional skills and knowledge.
International Business Management Certificate Program Curriculum
(Four courses/16 credits)
MET MG 472 Financial Concepts
Emphasizes issues of accounting, finance, and economics that are important in most management contexts. Introduction to tools of financial analysis and the problems of financial management including cash, profitability, and capital budgeting. Various sources of corporate funds are considered - short-, intermediate-, and long-term arrangements . Stresses understanding financial statements, planning and control, cost and benefit evaluation, cash flow analysis, and capital budgeting. Effective Fall 2020, this course fulfills a single unit in each of the following BU Hub areas: Quantitative Reasoning II, Critical Thinking. [ 4 cr. ]
|A1||IND||Mcgue||CAS B06A||W||6:00 pm – 8:45 pm|
MET MG 520 International Business Management
Environmental, economic, political, and social constraints on doing business abroad. Examines the effects of overseas business investments on domestic and foreign economics; foreign market analysis and operational strategy of a firm; and development potential of international operations. [ 4 cr. ]Sum1 2023
|SA1||IND||Luther||PSY B53||TR||6:00 pm – 9:30 pm|
|A1||IND||Papagelis||COM 217||R||6:00 pm – 8:45 pm|
MET MG 550 International Business Law and Regulation
This course examines the international business, legal and regulatory environment. Topics include international legal comparisons, the international sale of goods, imports, and exports, technology transfer, intellectual property protection and forms, and regulations of foreign direct investment. [ 4 cr. ]
|A1||IND||Barry||CAS B18||M||6:00 pm – 8:45 pm|
Plus one course, selected with advisor approval, which serves to enhance the student’s understanding of the business environment.
View all Management Studies undergraduate courses.
Tuition & Financial Assistance
Competitive TuitionOur part-time rates are substantially lower than those of the traditional, full-time residential programs yet provide access to the same high-quality BU education.
Comprehensive Financial AssistanceOur services include scholarships, graduate loans, and payment plans.
Please visit the BU MET admissions page for details on how to apply, financial assistance, tuition and fees, requirements for international students, and more.
News & Events
June 14th, 2023 at: 6:00pm - 6:45pm
Graduate Admissions Webinar
June 21st, 2023 at: 11:00am - 11:45am
Financing your BU MET Graduate Education (for DOMESTIC students)
June 21st, 2023 at: 6:30pm - 7:30pm
Graduate Admissions Information Session – In Person