Success After Graduation
Amazing Role Models? We Have Those.
You’ll be in good company with a BU degree, joining the likes of some impressive and accomplished alumni:
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. (GRS’55, Hon.’59), Nobel Peace Prize winner and civil rights leader
- Bob Hines (ENG’97), a member of NASA’s 2017 Astronaut Candidate Class
- Julianne Moore (CFA’83), Oscar-winning actress
- Brian Bedol (COM’80), creator of ESPN Classic
- Karen Lynch (Questrom’99), president of Aetna and one of Fortune’s 2017 Most Powerful Women
- Paul Beatty (CAS’84, GRS’87), the first American to receive the Man Booker Prize for Fiction
A BU Degree Opens Doors
Thousands of employers post internship and job opportunities on BU’s Handshake career network in the course of a year. And with guidance from the Center for Career Development, you’ll master critical skills such as crafting a resume, delivering an elevator pitch, networking, or negotiating a job offer.
- 94% of recent graduates found employment or placement in graduate programs, military service, and fellowships within six months of graduation.
- Graduates rank #14 in the US for employability among recruiters and CEOs.
- 90% of undergraduates complete at least one internship experience while studying at BU.
- 600 employers participate in BU’s career fairs on campus.
- In over 180 of the world’s countries, BU alumni are working in leading enterprises as varied as CBS Entertainment and Proctor & Gamble.
Where Our Graduates Land Jobs
BU graduates go on to do great things. Here are just a few of the companies where they have landed jobs.
Boston Children’s Hospital
Boston Consulting Group
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Massachusetts General Hospital
Merck & Co.
Teach for America
The White House
U.S. Department of State
U.S. House of Representatives