Study Abroad: BU in the World
Picture Yourself Abroad
Here’s a small sample of the ways you can combine intellectual adventures with practical experience:
Do a world of good
BU has a rich tradition of volunteering. Here are a few of the ways our students give back:
- BU Global Medical Brigades provides health care in developing countries.
- Global Days of Service. Last year, over 2,000 volunteers performed 10,752 hours of service worldwide.
- Engineers Without Borders works on sustainable, equitable, and economical projects in developing communities.
Meet the world right here
At BU, you’ll get worldwide perspectives just by roaming our campus where you will find a global community of professors, students, and researchers representing more than 130 countries.
- Study within the College of Arts & Sciences’ Frederick S. Pardee School of Global Studies. The School’s mission is to improve the human condition around the globe through interdisciplinary research and education.
- Choose from more than 650 courses that address global and international themes, including classes on 27 different languages.
- Study or research with international faculty from more than 90 countries.
- Meet students from countries ranging from Afghanistan to Zimbabwe.
- Need further proof? Open Doors has ranked BU #7 on its list of campuses with the most international students.