Update to On-Campus Visits
Boston University is excited to welcome visitors to our campus! We host in-person tours and information sessions where you can experience the vibrancy of BU’s campus and meet current students.
- All visitors must register in advance for an appointment before arriving on campus. Please select a date from our events calendar to register for a program. Registration is required for all events.
If you are unable to secure an appointment and would like to visit campus, you are welcome to take our self-guided mobile walking tour, which provides an in-depth experience of our Main campus, West campus and Housing facilities.
In preparation for your visit, please note that you will be required to follow the health and safety protocols adopted by the University as well as federal, state, or local regulations.
Please be mindful of the following guidelines for all campus visitors:
- We recommend that visitors wear masks inside the Visitor Center building.
- We recommend that all visitors be fully vaccinated and where possible, have acquired a booster shot.
We are following the health and safety measures above to protect you as well as our current students, faculty, and staff. We hope you understand. We are confident that you will be able to engage with the Boston University community and explore campus life during your visit. We also encourage you to explore the BU campus online from anywhere by using our interactive virtual tour or by registering for a virtual event.
As COVID-19 safety protocols evolve, please continue to visit our website for updates to our visitor policy.
Looking to tour individual schools or colleges?
- College of Arts & Sciences
- Kilachand Honors College
- College of Communication
- College of Engineering
- College of Fine Arts
- College of General Studies
- Sargent College
- Faculty of Computing & Data Sciences
- Frederick S. Pardee School of Global Studies
- Questrom School of Business
- School of Hospitality Administration
- Wheelock College of Education & Human Development
Campus Visitor Center
Alan and Sherry Leventhal Center is open.
233 Bay State Road, Boston, MA 02215
Monday – Friday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Eastern Time
Saturday: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. (Saturday, September 24 – Saturday, December 10, with the exception of Saturday, November 26)
The Center will be closed:
Wednesday, November 23 – Closed starting at 3 p.m.
Thursday, November 24 & Friday, November 25 – Thanksgiving holiday observed
Friday, December 23 – University closed starting at 1 p.m.
Monday, December 26 – Friday, December 30 University closed
Monday, January 2 – New Year’s Day observed
Monday, January 16 – Martin Luther King Jr. Day observed