Accepting applications for Fall 2018 until March 15th – tuition scholarships available!
The flexible Master of Engineering (MEng) degree in Materials Science & Engineering (MSE) is a professional master’s program that can be completed in one year of full-time study, or up to two years if an internship or project-based experience is desired. Part-time options are also available. This program is aimed at:
- Graduating senior students who want a quick one-year master’s in materials before they look for industrial jobs.
- Mid-career professionals who want to switch careers and would like to complete a one-year master’s degree between jobs.
- Industry professionals who want exposure to materials science and engineering and engineering management to further their careers, by complementing technical MSE courses with an engineering management focus that emphasizes elements of technology leadership and product development and management.
How to Apply
Program Planning Sheets & Master’s Handbook
- The MSE MEng Program Planning Sheet provides a “snapshot” view of the curriculum. You will submit a final program planning sheet, with advisor signature, when you apply to graduate.
- MSE Master’s Handbook
Engineering Practice Option
Master’s students may add the optional “with Engineering Practice” designation to their Master of Science or Master of Engineering degree by completing an approved internship in their field of study.
The Engineering Practice option recognizes the power of combining rigorous academic coursework with supervised real-world research or industrial applications. Participating students add value to their academic experience with a related internship that enables them to both develop and apply their technical, project management, and leadership skills. The degree rewards participating students with a designation recognized by employers and research institutions.
- The College of Engineering Graduate Bulletin is the official resource for current curriculum information, college policies, and procedures.