As a Master’s degree student at Boston University, you have made a commitment to deepen your technical and professional skills, setting you apart from others in your field. In today’s fast-paced marketplace, how you present your unique skill set to employers is key to landing your dream job.
The College’s Career Development Office (CDO) has dedicated staff and programs for our professional Master’s students. The CDO offers a range of services and resources to inform and support your career goals. These include:
- Career Development Course: A 1-credit course, Career Lab: Job & Internship Search for Master’s Students covers job search strategies, resume preparation, online presence, interviewing, alumni networking, and negotiation.
- Preparing for the Job Search: Individualized career coaching ensures your application materials showcase your strengths and prepares you through workshops and mock interviews to make the most of your conversations with alumni & employers.
- Job Postings: Handshake, a powerful web-based recruiting platform, connects you to job postings, information about industries and employers, and networking events happening on campus.
- Connecting with Employers: ENG Career Fairs, company information sessions, on-campus interviews, and more– you’ll find multiple ways to get yourself in front of the companies you want to work for.
- Networking with Alumni: Students have the opportunity to connect with alumni for advice, support, and referrals through Alumni Meet-and-Greets and the BU Connects platform.