Impaired Colleague

A change in the appearance or behavior of a colleague that makes you or others alarmed or worried should be taken seriously.  It may involve a deterioration of usual functioning, a personality change, expression of threat, mood alteration, or change in habit.  For more information, see Helping a Colleague who is Troubled or Distressed.

For consultation or for assistance, contact a behavioral health professional at the Faculty Staff Assistance OfficeIf an individual’s behavior appears to be an imminent threat to safety to themselves or others, please call the BU Police Department at 617-353- 2121 for the Charles River Campus and the Public Safety Office at 617- 414- 4444 for the Medical Campus.