Available to: Staff, Departments, Prospective Students, New/Incoming Students
Cost: No charge
- See Getting Started, below.
The Undergraduate Admissions service is a suite of enterprise applications and tools that supports the initial student life cycle administrative processes, from inquiry through student matriculation, and provides applicants information and tools to manage their application process.
The Undergraduate Admissions service improves student satisfaction by reducing administrative overhead, nearly eliminating the need for manual entry of admissions applications. It creates an early connection between the student and the University which is maintained from application through matriculation.
- Direct client services: Provided for prospects, applicants (online application), administrators, and staff
- Supporting services: Integration with internal BU services, including account provisioning, ISSO (international student data collection), Financial Aid, Cashier (application fees), Orientation, and CELOP
- External services: Integration with third-party systems (OnBase, centralized application services) and external testing services (ETS – SAT and TOEFL, ACT)
- Provides distributed management tools to administrators
- Provides mass and targeted communication via email, customizable reporting and self-service extraction, access to current and historical data
- Allows prospects to make inquiries, sign up for events, and respond to invitations
- Displays application status, admission decision, and scholarship and financial aid decisions to applicants
- Allows applications to respond to admission and financial aid decisions, pay deposits, and accept invitations
What to Expect
This service normally will be available 24 by 7 except for standard change windows, as described in IS&T’s standard policies, procedures, and schedules for making changes.
- To access the Undergraduate Admissions service one needs
- Staff members require a mainframe account and DUO to access functionality on the mainframe.
- A BU login account is required to access functionality on Faculty/Staff Link (departments and staff) in addition to a mainframe account and DUO.
- Self-service web-based access (Applicant Link) requires only a BU Web account and password.
- Applications: Start from the Undergraduate Admissions website
- Administrators: Use the Faculty/Staff Link
- Administrators: Use GALAXY
- Certain distributed administrative functions may require additional training from the central administration or department. Individuals should check with their unit’s Data Security Administrator (DSA) for training availability.
- Staff of the Undergraduate Admissions office requiring access to the Undergraduate Admissions service components on the mainframe, as well as functionality on Faculty/Staff Link should contact their unit’s Data Security Administrator (DSA) to request correct permissions for access to functions and data.