Available to: Students, Staff, Departments, Prospective Students, New/Incoming Students
Cost: No charge
- See Getting Started, below.
The Financial Aid service offers functionality to help students and their parents gauge the cost of education, as well as tools to calculate financial eligibility.
By providing all clients appropriate and convenient access to real-time, relevant financial assistance information, this service shortens the time required to deliver decisions and responses to changes in student circumstances, and ensures compliance with all Federal Financial Aid regulations.
- Integrates and communicates with Federal government systems
- Assists in calculating financial aid eligibility, and provides information on:
- Financial Aid status
- Any awards (providing student is eligible)
- Eligibility requirements that need to be fulfilled before Financial Aid can be awarded
- Delivers information and transactional functionality through a variety of targeted portals
- Provides distributed management tools to administrators
What to Expect
This service normally will be available 24 by 7 except for standard change windows, as described in IS&T’s standard policies, procedures, and schedules for making changes.
- To access the Financial Aid system, one needs:
- A BU login account is required to access functionality on StudentLink (students).
- Staff members require a mainframe account to access functionality on the mainframe.
- Students: In the Student Link, select Money Matters, Your Financial Aid
- Administrators: Use GALAXY
- Certain distributed administrative functions may require additional training from central administration or their department. Individuals should check with their unit’s Data Security Administrator (DSA) for training availability.
- Staff of the Financial Aid office requiring access to the Financial Aid service components on the mainframe should contact their unit’s Data Security Administrator (DSA) to request correct permissions for access to functions and data.