Available to: Students, Researchers, Staff, Departments, Prospective Students, New/Incoming Students
Cost: No charge
- See Getting Started, below.
Global Services provides administrators access to student immigration information and provides students with self -service online application into programs. These services support the University’s ability to provide educational and other services for international and domestic students.
Providing all clients appropriate and convenient self-service and administrator access to all relevant applications, documents, and management tools, this services reduces costs and improves timeliness of decisions, notifications, and approvals. Services ensure compliance with BU policies and government regulations, and improve the student and scholar experience for those students coming to the Boston Campus as well as those participating in programs abroad.
- For the International Students and Scholars Office (ISSO), information and support for
- Management of the immigration status of students and scholars
- Required reports to Homeland Security
- For the Center for English Language & Orientation Programs (CELOP), provision and support for
- Self-service online application into the programs offered by CELOP
- For Study Abroad, provision and support for
- Self-service online application into the Study Abroad programs
- Management of multiple programs around the world
What to Expect
This service normally will be available 24 by 7 except for standard change windows, as described in IS&T’s standard policies, procedures, and schedules for making changes.
- To access the services provided to ISSO, CELOP, or Study Abroad, you need:
- BU Administrators should consult the ISSO website for details on how to support international students and scholars.
- International students at BU are defined as foreign nationals (non US citizens, non US permanent residents) admitted to a BU program of study, enrolled in BU program of study or a recent BU alum.
- International scholars at BU are defined as foreign national employees, faculty, researchers or staff at BU.
- International students and scholars seeking immigration sponsorship to study, work, conduct research or visit BU should consult the ISSO website for details .
- ISSO, CELOP or undergraduate international admissions staff requiring access to ISSS for immigration processing should contact ISSO at 617.353.3565
- International students having trouble accessing the ISSOPortal should contact ISSO via email email@example.com or phone 617.353.3565.
The ISSOPortal is only available for international student immigration processing, not for international scholar immigration processing.
CELOP applicants: Start at the CELOP website
Study Abroad applicants: Start at the Study Abroad website