We’re excited to welcome you to Boston University for your summer study abroad experience.
We offer over 700 challenging summer courses, and we’re located in the heart of Boston—a perfect place to spend your summer. One of the oldest cities in the United States, Boston is an international hub of education, culture, and innovation. During Summer Term, you’ll have the opportunity to engage in rigorous academic coursework and meet students from around the globe. We look forward to having you study with us!
The summer 2024 application for international partner students will be available on January 15, 2024. Sign up for an email reminder.
As a partner student, you have many benefits, like a waived application fee, early course registration, and a designated Summer Term staff member for support and assistance throughout the application and enrollment process.
The summer 2024 course listings will be available on December 15. View the course listings from summer 2023 to see what is typically offered during Summer Term.
Whether you choose to study for six or twelve weeks, we are here to help you navigate the resources available to you while studying at BU in the summer. Remember that taking Summer Term courses does not constitute admission to a BU degree program.
The links below provide instructions on how to register for summer courses and information about campus resources. Please remember to return to this partner-only site when you are ready to submit your online enrollment form, in order to ensure a waived application fee.
- Before You Enroll—Information to help you understand our course codes
- English Proficiency—Details about our English language proficiency requirements
- Enrollment Process—Explanation of the enrollment process and a link to the online enrollment form
- Health Records & Medical Insurance—Information about immunization records, medical insurance, and student health
- Housing & Dining—Options for on-campus housing and meal plans
- Arriving on Campus—How you can prepare for your summer at BU and important things to do once the session begins
- Contact Us—How you can reach us if you have questions