Join us this summer!
Every year, more than 7,500 motivated students from the United States and around the world participate in Summer Term at Boston University. This summer, with BU’s Learn from Anywhere (LfA) hybrid teaching format, you have a choice of attending classes in person or remotely.
Summer Term is open to all, which means you only need to register in order to take summer courses. No application is required!
BU offers more than 700 summer courses, both graduate and undergraduate, over two convenient six-week sessions—so you can achieve your academic objectives and still find time for your other summer activities. Whether on campus or online, you will study alongside students from BU and other colleges, as well as working adults, entering graduate students, and others—with plenty of opportunities to form new connections and build valuable networks.
Why study at BU in the summer? Here are many reasons to enroll:
- Benefit from a wide selection of subjects from 14 of BU’s schools and colleges
- Fulfill your Hub units—BU summer courses count for Hub requirements the same as in the school year
- Catch up on credits, complete a prerequisite, or finish a degree requirement
- Focus on one or two courses in an intensive academic environment
- Build up your subject-matter expertise or explore a new subject for your own enrichment
- Hone your professional skillset with a course focusing on analytics, business, communication, information technology, project management, or writing
- Enjoy smaller class sizes—or study with a BU professor you’ve heard about
- Connect with a global community of students and professionals
- Choose to take classes remotely—from anywhere in the world—or come to Boston to take your classes in person and experience the city at its best: in the summer!