Adults & Professionals Registration
You don’t have to be a BU student—or even a college student—to take courses at BU during the summer. Working professionals and lifelong learners can register for a broad range of courses that enhance practical skills, build expertise in an emerging technology, or—if coming back to school for a credential—contribute toward a degree or certificate program. You can also satisfy the desire to learn something new, just for the love of it. During Summer Term, all you have to do is register for your course(s). No admission to BU is required.
Registration for summer 2022 begins on February 17, 2022. Sign up for an email reminder.
Adults attending BU in the summer benefit from:
- Flexible schedules that include evening and online courses along with daytime options
- Intensive, six-week sessions that can work with other summer plans
- The ability to complete prerequisites for graduate school or develop new professional skills that can open up opportunities for career growth
- Graduate courses that encompass analytics, business and management, criminal justice, cybersecurity, information technology, education, and more
- A diverse student body that includes other working adults, adding to connections and networks
Register as a visiting student
Once registration opens on February 17, you can register using our online registration system or by sending us your registration form by mail, fax, or email. Visiting student registration information can be found here. Adult learners who already have a BU ID should complete a paper registration form using their existing ID number. Please note that international adults coming to BU for the summer should follow the registration instructions on the international section of the Summer Term website.
Tuition remission is available for eligible BU employees during Summer Term. Information on eligibility for tuition remission benefits is available on the BU HR website. Employees who are taking courses for the first time will need to complete a paper registration form. Once you have an established student record, you can register on the Student Link along with other BU students.