Opportunities for Students
The Hariri Institute offers a growing list of resources for students interested in computing, computational science & engineering, and data science. Stay tuned, as this list continues to expand.
- Graduate Student Fellows Program: The Hariri Institute for Computing’s Graduate Student Fellows program recognizes outstanding PhD students who pursue computing and data-driven research at Boston University.
- Data Science Mentor Circles Program: The Data Science Mentor Circles Program supports Boston University graduate students by connecting them with data scientists from diverse backgrounds and giving them opportunities to gain professional skills that prepare them to enter the workforce.
- SAIL Student Internship Program: Paid internships for BU students to work with the software development team of the Institute’s Software & Application Innovation Lab.
- Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (UROP): Summer research awards for undergraduate students
- Red Hat Collaboratory Student Research Projects: The Red Hat Collaboratory is able to support students and/or student groups on projects that aligns with the Collaboratory’s areas of focus including cloud testing & operations, artificial intelligence, security & privacy, hardware & software, and distributed systems.
- BU Spark!: A technology incubator and experiential learning lab for student-led computational and data-driven projects at Boston University. Housed in the Faculty of Computing & Data Sciences.
- Browse our full list of Support & Tools for Researchers