General Information

Fellowships, Financial Aid, Grants, and Scholarships


Outside of BU


Health Issues/Parenting


Computer Resources


Getting around and things to do

If you’re having a problem

Graduate school is hard. It’s normal to need some help once in a while. Below is a list of some of the places you may go if you need help. You should also feel free to contact the GSO directly at and we can help you find a resource the matches your needs.

  • The Office of the Ombuds is a safe place to have off-the-record conversations on issues related to life, work, or study at Boston University. Talking to the Ombuds can e a good first step if you have a concern and don’t know where to turn for help.
  • BU Behavioral Medicine offers free short-term counseling to full time students and other resources.
  • BU Office of Disability Services
  • BU Sexual Misconduct Policy
  • BU Sexual Assault Response and Prevention (SARP) provides rapid, confidential, compassionate, supportive, and free-of-charge advocacy and assistance to BU students who have experienced a traumatic incident. This includes, but is not limited to, sexual assault, physical assault, interpersonal violence, and other crimes.
  • The Educational Resource Center (ERC) is your academic support system; whether you want to practice your language skills with a native speaker, restructure an essay, or improve your study habits. They offer one-on-one and group academic skills sessions with peers and professionals, as well as offer a variety of workshops to faculty, student organizations, and various campus offices.

Graduate Student Organizations

Boston University:

Boston Area: