Incomplete Coursework

Effective June 1, 2016

An incomplete grade (I) is used only when the student has conferred with the instructor prior to the submission of grades and offered acceptable reasons for the incomplete work. The instructor and student must sign the I Grade Report form indicating the nature of the work and a date by which all course requirements must be completed. Alternatively, for graduate and post-baccalaureate professional students only, the instructor may indicate the nature of the work and date required in writing to the student in lieu of the signed statement. In the event that coursework remains incomplete on that assigned date, a grade will be assigned by the instructor.

Incomplete grades must be resolved within the time period allowed by the individual school or college of enrollment, or the maximum of one year (whichever comes first), at which time the grade will be converted to the final grade indicated on the I Grade Report form, or F if no grade is indicated. In CGS and Questrom, grades must be resolved by the end of the following semester.