Available to: Students, Researchers, Staff, Departments, Prospective Students, New/Incoming Students
Cost: No charge
- See Getting Started, below.
Global Services provides administrators access to student immigration information and provides students with self -service online application into programs. These services support the University’s ability to provide educational and other services for international and domestic students.
Providing all clients appropriate and convenient self-service and administrator access to all relevant applications, documents, and management tools, this services reduces costs and improves timeliness of decisions, notifications, and approvals. Services ensure compliance with BU policies and government regulations, and improve the student and scholar experience for those students coming to the Boston Campus as well as those participating in programs abroad.
- For the International Students and Scholars Office (ISSO), information and support for
- Management of the immigration status of students and scholars
- Required reports to Homeland Security
- For the Center for English Language & Orientation Programs (CELOP), provision and support for
- Self-service online application into the programs offered by CELOP
- For Study Abroad, provision and support for
- Self-service online application into the Study Abroad programs
- Management of multiple programs around the world
What to Expect
This service normally will be available 24 by 7 except for standard change windows, as described in IS&T’s standard policies, procedures, and schedules for making changes.
- To access the services provided to ISSO, CELOP, or Study Abroad, one needs:
- To access ISSO functions as an Administrator you will also need:
- A BU login account and appropriate access to the ISSO system
- A mainframe account and SecurID to access functionality on the mainframe.
- Administrator access begins at The Links – select Faculty/Staff
- ISSO staff requiring access to the ISSO Service components on the mainframe and functionality on Faculty/Staff Link should contact their unit’s Data Security Administrator to request correct permissions for access to functions and data.
- CELOP applicants: Start at the CELOP website
- Study Abroad applicants: Start at the Study Abroad website
- BU Students and Scholars: Use the relevant Student Link or Employee Self-service portal