Available to: Students, Faculty, Researchers, Staff, Guests
Cost: No charge
- See Getting Started, below.
Travel Risk Management provides comprehensive risk management features to travelers on university-sponsored international travel. Students, faculty and staff may register university-sponsored international travel in the system in order to receive pre-departure travel briefings and travel alerts throughout the course of their trip. This service is supported by software from the Anvil Group.
BU community members and guest students traveling on university-sponsored international travel have access to in-depth pre-departure travel briefings and 24/7/365 emergency alerts for the duration of their trip abroad. The Travel Risk Management Tools service allows the University to check in with BU travelers abroad to verify their safety in the event of an incident, and provide emergency assistance as needed.
- Provides pre-departure travel briefings, including itinerary, recent events, crime, health, natural disaster, travel, and etiquette information.
- Provides alerts via a 24/7 threat intelligence service, notifying users of safety incidents in their area of travel in real-time.
- Provides access to read travel advice provided by the governments of Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom and United States (Five Eyes Intelligence Alliance).
- Access via TripHub mobile application (iOS and Android), providing travelers the ability to access information regarding required vaccinations and embassy locations.
- Allows travelers to check-in with the university when staying in an area affected by an incident or emergency.
What to Expect
This service normally will be available 24/7 except for standard change windows, as described in IS&T’s standard policies, procedures, and schedules for making changes.
- Travel being registered must be University-sponsored.
- BU login name and Kerberos password.
- A desktop/laptop computer (for Travel Registry).
- An iPhone/Android mobile device (for TripHub app).
- To use the service, you must be traveling on university-sponsored travel to a destination outside the United States.
- If you register your travel via a Boston University travel agency (Travel Collaborative or Short’s Travel), no action is required. You will be emailed a pre-departure travel briefing and instructions on how to use the TripHub mobile application after you book your travel.
- If you are not booking your travel via a university travel agency, you must register your travel using the International Travel Registry (Travel Itinerary Editor).