Remote Learning in Summer Term 2020
Boston University is conducting all courses remotely for the duration of Summer Term 2020. No in-person meetings will be held. All courses will meet remotely according to the meeting times posted on our course pages.
We are committed to providing a vibrant and robust remote learning experience, and we encourage you to familiarize yourself with the Remote Learning Resources and Guidelines we are providing for all students this summer.
Get started now.
We have just what you are looking for, whether you are a BU student, a visiting college student, a high school student, or an adult learner.
If you are looking to take an undergraduate- or graduate-level summer course, you can begin by browsing our selection of more than 700 courses.
The first step to register for one of our summer courses or programs is to identify with one of the groups below.
BU students are...
- All part-time and full-time undergraduate and graduate students currently enrolled at BU
- All current BU international students
- BU entering first-year students
- Students returning from a BU-approved leave of absence
Visiting students are...
- Any US citizen or permanent resident not currently enrolled at BU
- Students enrolled at another US school or college
- BU alumni, including those graduating in May
- Non-BU graduate students fulfilling prerequisites for further study
- High school graduates and adults not currently enrolled at BU
Visiting students interested in our Summer Study Internship Program (SSIP) can learn more here.
Visiting international students are...
- Citizens of countries other than the US, who are not currently BU students
- International students who are attending other colleges in the US
- College students and adults from other countries
High school students are...
- Any US citizen, US permanent resident, or international student currently enrolled in secondary school
- Students 14 to 18 years of age
Adults and professionals are...
- Adults seeking short-term summer courses or flexible formats such as blended or online learning
- Working professionals who want to enhance their credentials or gain new job skills
- Lifelong learners looking for opportunities to expand their knowledge or explore new interests
Requirements for registration
BU has several requirements in place that students must fulfill. You can check your Compliance Status by going to the Personal tab on the Student Link. If you are not compliant, a hold may be placed on your registration until the requirement is fulfilled.
Requirements related to summer enrollment include:
BU Alert phone number
This number is used to notify you of a University-wide emergency. You can update your Alert Number on the Student Link, Personal tab, under the Address and Phone Option.
Students are required to settle their Student Account by the payment deadlines set for each academic term. A hold will be placed on accounts that are not settled, which will prevent future registration activity until the payment is made.
Sexual misconduct prevention training & alcohol education
All BU undergraduates are required to complete two online training modules, one related to sexual misconduct prevention and the other related to alcohol education. Graduate students and visiting summer students are required to complete the sexual misconduct prevention training. High school students are not required to complete any of the training modules.
Massachusetts law requires all full-time students and all international students to be immunized against a number of diseases in order to attend the University. Students must obtain these immunizations in order to remain in compliance.
In order to comply with the safety regulations of the City of Boston, students must provide a current local address. You can view and update your local address on the Student Link Personal tab, Address and Phone Option.