BU requires sexual misconduct prevention training as part of its commitment to a healthy and respectful campus community.
About the Training
BU’s sexual misconduct prevention training discusses your rights, responsibilities, and helps you build skills to safely intervene in situations that may lead to sexual violence. The trainings are research-backed and tailored to the unique experiences of both undergraduate and graduate students.
It’s important to take this training and be a part of our efforts to create a respectful and healthy campus community. The trainings are also a University Compliance requirement. Students who do not complete Part 1 of the trainings are withheld from using the course planner and registering for classes during their second semester of coursework.
We recognize that completing this training may be difficult for students who have experienced sexual or relationship violence. If you have concerns about completing the training due to its content, a waiver can be confidentially requested through Student Health Services’ PatientConnect portal. More information can be found here.
How to Complete Training
Your training assignment
All BU students are required to complete sexual misconduct prevention training. There are different requirements for undergraduate, graduate or non-degree students, incoming and returning students, and Varsity student athletes (i.e. your student status).
Find your training assignment according to your student status here.
How to access the training
You’ll receive an email and login link from “BU Wellness Courses” when it’s time to complete your training. Look for an email beginning at the following times:
- Fall students will receive an email in mid-August
- Spring students will receive an email in early January
- Summer students will receive an email in late May
Important Notice: Training System Change
For returning students, you will notice a change to BU’s training system. Before January 2023, trainings were accessed through the EverFi learning management system. Beginning in January 2023, students will use a new system called, Vector Solutions. Students will no longer be able to complete trainings in EverFi’s system. If you are required to complete training, you will be automatically enrolled in the Vector Solutions system in January, 2023. Please look for an email and login link in early January.
How to see if you met your requirement
You can confirm that you completed training and met your Compliance requirement on the MyBU Student Portal (formally called StudentLink):
- Log into MyBU Student Portal
- Go to “My Health & Wellbeing” on the top menu bar
- Select “Check Compliance Status” on the Quick Links list
Please Note: It it can take 15 minutes for your compliance status to update after completing a training
|Fall Semester||Spring Semester|
|You will become non-compliant with the University on October 15 if you have not completed the training.
Online students will become non-compliant with the University on November 15.
|You will become non-compliant with the University on March 1 if you have not completed the training.
Online students will become non-compliant with the University on April 5.
Tips for Taking the Training
- Take the training in the latest versions of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Explorer, Safari, iOS, and Android
- Change your preferred language for certain videos and closed captions, if desired.
- You can complete the training in sections. Be sure to complete a section before closing the browser. Otherwise you may need to repeat that section the next time you log in.
- The surveys are private. BU does not see students’ individual answers.
- Take care of yourself with breaks, privacy, or by being near others.
Help is available
Most technical issues can be fixed through the following troubleshooting tips.
If you are accessing training from a computer:
- Restart your browser or try a different browser. Note: On a Mac you’ll need to fully quit the browser.
- Make sure you are using a recent version of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Safari. If you have any pending updates, they may need to be completed to move forward with training.
- Clear your browser’s cache & cookies, which are typically located under your browser’s history settings.
- It is possible that device-specific browser extensions and/or pop-up blockers may be interfering with your training. Try accessing the training from another browser to rule out this possibility.
- If you’re stuck within the training, your screen may be zoomed in too much – causing you to miss the prompt or navigation button. To zoom out on a PC or Chromebook, hit “control 0 (zero). On a Mac, hit “command 0 (zero)”
If you are accessing training from a mobile device:
- The trainings are compatible with many mobile devices; however, some students may have personal configurations that prevent certain courses from loading.
- Some custom and policy courses are best displayed on a computer. If you are experiencing difficulty loading our training on a personal device, try accessing the courses through a laptop or desktop computer
If you’re still experiencing technical issues, help is available through our training vendor, Vector Solutions:
- Submit an online ticket
- Call all 866-384-9062 (toll free)
Please note: Phone and online ticket support is available Monday through Friday between 8:00am – 6:00pm EST