Department Of Biomedical Engineering
The Biomedical Engineering Department at Boston University is among the largest of its kind in the United States and is home to award-winning faculty, exceptional students and numerous research centers and laboratories engaged in an array of interdisciplinary biomedical activities.
Biomedical engineering is advancing rapidly and producing important innovations that improve our quality of life. From understanding the human genome to pioneering surgical tools, Boston University biomedical engineers are committed to the advancement of research and education in biotechnology, biomolecular engineering, sensory systems, cardiopulmonary engineering, neuroscience, micro-and nano-systems, synthetic biology, systems biology and biomechanics and biomaterials.
- Bionic Pancreas for Type 1 Diabetes (NIH Director’s Blog)
- ENG Prof’s Bionic Pancreas Takes Big Step Forward
- BME Seminar Series Spring 2015
- BME Fall 2014 Newslettter
- Faculty Searches
- 2013-2014 BME Annual Report
- Coulter Translational Research Awards