Summer Challenge: How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Summer Term High School Programs. We are actively planning for a safe and rewarding student experience in Summer 2021. Please check back on December 15 for more details and to submit an application. Sign up for an email reminder.
If you are academically motivated and entering your sophomore, junior, or senior year of high school in Fall 2021, we invite you to apply. Admission decisions take into consideration your high school grades, previous courses, and personal statement.
- Complete the online application. The following items are required to complete the online application. Please use the below information to prepare your application ahead of time if necessary, as applications cannot be saved and finished later.
- Personal statement: You will be required to submit a personal statement of 500–700 words describing why you want to attend the Summer Challenge program.
- Application fee: A nonrefundable application fee, paid by credit card, is required at the time of submission of the online application.
- Upload supplemental materials (you will receive an upload link via email).
- High school transcript: Your full high school transcript must begin in 9th grade and include your Fall 2020 grades. Applicants currently in 9th grade must submit a transcript from their 8th grade year in addition to their Fall 2020 grades.
- International documents: International students must upload an additional form and a copy of your passport with the application. If English is not the primary language of instruction at your high school, you must upload supplemental information to demonstrate English proficiency.
Applications are only reviewed after all of the materials listed above are received.
Note: Email is the primary form of communication during the admissions process. Please be aware that parents are bcc’d on all correspondence from our office. Therefore, you should ensure that both parent and student email addresses are entered correctly on the application, and inform our office immediately if there is a change in either email address.
Boston University Summer Term
Summer Challenge Program
755 Commonwealth Avenue, Room 105
Boston, MA 02215
While applications for the Summer Challenge program remain open until the dates listed below, seminars fill quickly and students who apply early are more likely to receive the session and seminar selections of their choice.
|Session 1||June 8, 11:59 pm|
|Session 2||June 29, 11:59 pm|
|Session 3||June 29, 11:59 pm|
Admission decisions are made on a rolling basis and only completed applications are reviewed. Once we receive your completed application, we will email you to confirm its receipt.
We start reviewing applications at the beginning of January. Within three weeks of confirming our receipt of your completed application, an admission decision will be emailed to you.
If you have any additional questions or comments, please contact us.