Boston University’s annual Sustainability Festival returns for 2021! Connect with groups and...
Discounted Bluebikes Memberships
What is Bluebikes? Bluebikes is Metro Boston’s bike share system with more than 3,000 bikes and 300 stations across Arlington, Boston, Brookline, Cambridge, Chelsea, Everett, Newton, Revere, Somerville and Watertown. Bluebikes provides you with a convenient, economical, and environmentally friendly transportation option to help you get to work, home, and many locations in between. Membership is only $60 (compared to $109 annually), and all rides under 45 minutes are free.
There are six convenient Bluebikes stations along the Charles River Campus and one at BUMC. Visit the Bluebikes website to see them all, and use the Bluebikes app to get real time data on bike and dock locations.
Eligibility: the Bluebikes discount is available to Boston University faculty, staff, and matriculated students.
Joining Bluebikes is easy. Select the appropriate join button below:
Note: to access the pages linked above, you must either be connected to the internet via a network on your respective campus or logged in to VPN.
What if I’m already a Hubway or Bluebikes member?
Your current membership will remain in effect until your renewal date. Once you are within 30 days of renewal, you will have the option to change your membership type through the following steps:
- go to bluebikes.com and click “LOGIN.”
- under “Manage my account” click, “Renew membership.”
- select “I’m eligible for a corpoarate/group rate”
- Select your “organization” and enter the program code (found via “join” links above) followed by your BU email address (for verification).
Don’t forget your helmet! Don’t have one? Pick one up for FREE Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm from either of these locations:
- Parking & Transportation Services, 1019 Commonwealth Avenue (Charles River Campus)
- BUMC-BMC Parking & Transportation Services, Judicial Affairs, 25 Buick Street (Medical Campus)