CDS Main Office Hours
- Monday - Thursday: 9:00AM - 4:00PM (EDT/EST)
- Friday: 10:00AM - 3:00PM (EDT/EST)
Looking for advising walk-in hours? Check Colleen's details below!
Meet your Academic Advising Team
Works from Home
Masters of Arts in Higher Education & Student Personnel
Bachelors of Arts in History
Walk-in advising has concluded for the semester. Check back here after the first week of spring 2023 for updates to availability
Hi, y'all! I'm excited to join CDS and BU as your Senior Academic Advisor. I'm bringing along ~10 years of experience in undergraduate STEM programs with me to help support you -- including my previous role in computer and data science advising in Salt Lake City, Utah!
When I'm not working, you can find me somewhere on Final Fantasy XIV (SCH and BLM for life) -- or on one of my consoles playing some sort of thing -- with a cup of coffee on my desk and my 15 year old cat, Kai, nearby doing his best to ignore me.
Please learn more about me by reading my welcome announcement from CDS
Walk-in Advising Hours
Walk-in advising is quick so we can help as many students as possible - visits are no more than 10 minutes. Topics such as long term course planning or probation-related discussions are not appropriate for walk-in advising as they require a much longer discussions. Students with these needs are encouraged to schedule a dedicated advising appointment.
While the below are the general days of the week and time range, there may be some days where walk-in advising must be cancelled. These will be updated here to the best of our availability.
WE ARE NOW LOCATED IN THE CDS BUILDING!
665 Commonwealth Ave, CDS 1621 (Floor 16)
Wednesday, May 3
- February 9
- Spring Break; March 9
- April 13 (TBD)
- April 20
Schedule an Advising Appointment
Please answer the below questions to be routed to the intake form for your desired conversation topic
- If you do not see any available appointments, it means I am booked out for the next two weeks
- Quick questions can be answered through email as well as discussed during walk-in advising hours
- Please review times by accessing the "Meet your Academic Advising Team" section above
Important Resources for CDS Undergraduates
- 4-Year Plan
- 3-Year Plan -- Transfer Students ONLY
- DS Elective Requirement Guide
Previous Academic Years
- CDS Undergraduate Tutoring Center -- coming soon!
- Educational Resource Center
- Newbury Center
- Dedicated to serving and supporting first-generation college students
- Overcoming Test Anxiety
- Source: University of Northern Colorado
- Student Laptop Loans
- University Service Center
- Writing Assistance
- Disability & Access Services
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Equal Opportunity Office
- Financial Health
- Food Insecurity
- LGBTQIA+ Community
- Mental Health
CDS Forms and Shortcuts
- Intra-University Transfer (IUT) Shortcut link
- Minor in Data Science Shortcut link
- In-depth look into its goals and requirements, as well as flowchart to help visualize your pathway
- Request to Add or Drop a Minor Form
- Transfer Credit Evaluation Form
- Undergraduate Intent to Graduate Form
Have questions about the undergraduate program? Email email@example.com or call (617) 358-8516