Estate Planning Certificate
The Estate Planning Certificate (EPC) is a six-course, 12-credit certificate offered by the Graduate Tax Program at the School of Law. It is designed to provide professionals (lawyers and non-lawyers) with enhanced, specialized tax knowledge in the legal sub-specialty of Estate Planning. The courses in the EPC are available in both a blended residential/asynchronous online format and an asynchronous online-only format (but open to both online and residential enrollees).
The EPC’s academic requirements may be completed on a full- or part-time basis and must be completed within a maximum of nine semesters (including summer terms). The EPC consists of three required courses and three elective courses (2 credits each). All courses for the EPC must be completed with an overall GPA of 3.0 (“B”).
- LAW TX 904 Estate & Gift Taxation
- LAW TX 935 Estate Planning
- LAW TX 937 Taxation of Trusts and Fiduciaries
- LAW TX 918 Life Cycle of a Business Venture
- LAW TX 920 Tax Aspects of Buying & Selling a Business
- LAW TX 933 Introduction to Corporate Taxation
- LAW TX 930 Partnership Tax
- LAW TX 934 Advanced Estate Planning
- LAW TX 974 Gratuitous Transfer Taxation
- LAW TX 975 Estate Planning and Drafting
- LAW TX 977 Elder Law
- LAW TX 950 Tax Aspects of Charitable Giving
- LAW TX 958 International Estate Planning