Boston University School of Law’s Graduate Tax Program (GTP), established in 1959 as one of the nation’s first graduate tax programs, stands as one of the best. It currently ranks second in the nation, according to the National Law Journal. We have been named one of the Top 10 LLM Programs for US Tax Law in both 2017 and 2019 by LLM Guide. And for four consecutive years, we’ve been ranked among the country’s top seven LLM in Taxation programs in the annual TaxTalent survey of corporate tax department heads.
- 2 Semesters
- 12 Courses
- 24 Credits
Focus on Careers and Community
In addition to attending LLM Professional Development events and social activities for students in all graduate programs, Tax LLM students can also take advantage of tailored tax and estate planning programs and recruiting events. The Graduate Tax Program offers the following professional opportunities every year:
- on and off-campus recruiting events with all of the “Big 4;”
- proprietary job postings;
- tax careers luncheon;
- lecture series on cutting edge issues;
- advising events with Tax LLM alumni;
- visits to observe proceedings in the U.S. Tax Court;
- skills workshops on tax research databases and Excel;
- annual elite Tax LLM job fair; and
- Boston Bar Association membership.
Our social events include Boston team sporting events, pub nights and a spring reception at a local restaurant. Online students are included in all event invites and many make at least one trip to Boston during their studies. We also do some major celebrating at our graduation weekend events.
Thank you for your interest in BU Law’s Graduate Programs. We will be in touch soon with more information about your program of interest.