Pre-Analytics Laboratory (AD 100)
A basic understanding of business analytics is the gateway to advanced analytical studies and to deep managerial insight. Offered online, this non-credit, hands-on laboratory will help ensure you have the fundamental knowledge of data modeling, business analysis, and decision-support tools necessary for Business Analytics Foundations (MET AD 571), Enterprise Risk Analytics (MET AD 616), and subsequent courses. In addition to presentations and discussions, you’ll apply new concepts directly in an interactive, web-based learning environment that incorporates Microsoft Excel 2016, Power BI Desktop, and SQL Server. [0 cr.]
After completing this laboratory, you will be able to:
- Identify and formulate data analytics problems
- Work with data models and data analysis in Microsoft Excel Power Pivot, Power Query, and Power View
- Use Microsoft Power BI Desktop to transform, share, and combine data; to implement advanced relationships and understand data analysis expressions; and to use visualizations for construction of rich and effective graphics and dashboards
- Apply essential concepts for querying, creating, and updating tables and data models by working with Microsoft Azure SQL Server
This non-credit, hands-on laboratory is offered in an online format. It is led by an instructor and delivered over seven weeks with exercises, self-administered tests, discussion forums, and live classroom sessions. The laboratory is graded on a Pass/Fail basis and requires a grade of 60 percent or better on each unit test and an overall average of 70 percent or better for all unit tests by the end of the laboratory. After the completion of the instruction period, you will continue to have full access to our interactive working environment for an additional 30 days to review or deepen your knowledge and skills.
Pre-Analytics Laboratory is open to the public, and is also a prerequisite for the courses Business Analytics Foundations (MET AD 571) and Enterprise Risk Analytics (MET AD 616), which are part of the following graduate programs:
- MS in Applied Business Analytics (on campus, online, and blended)
- MS in Supply Chain Management, Quantitative Approaches concentration (on campus, online, and blended)
- Graduate Certificate in Applied Business Analytics (on campus, online, and blended)
If you have any questions about this laboratory or registration, please contact William McGue at 617-358-4979 or email@example.com.