Health Law Program Ranked #2,
BU Law boasts one of the finest health law curricula in the country, with courses taught by some of the most respected scholars in the fields of law, public health and management. Health lawyers struggle with both current and traditional legal problems in an economic sector which encompasses nearly 18 percent of the gross domestic product. These problems include health care coverage and reimbursement, access to electronic health records, public health and environmental risks, fraud and abuse, intellectual property rights involved with gene therapy and pharmaceuticals, global health and countless others.
BU Law's concentration in health law allows you to graduate with a certification of advanced study without pursuing another degree. A wide range of courses and seminars are available through the School of Law, School of Public Health and the School of Management. These courses can also be counted for the respective dual degree programs, so you can obtain two degrees in an accelerated time frame.
Health law options include:
- The American Journal of Law and Medicine, the nation's leading health law journal, gives students the opportunity to work with leading researchers worldwide.
- BU Law's student organization, the BU Health Law Association -- students can keep in touch through the Boston University Health Law Association Facebook group.
- BU Law's Health Law Externship Program -- Boston is one of the nation's leading health law centers, with opportunities to combine academic courses with practical experience in the field.
- Students can earn a J.D./M.P.H. in Law and Public Health through BU Law and Boston University's highly regarded School of Public Health -- this unique dual degree includes many concentrations, including International Health and Health & Human Rights.
- The BU Health Law Association is a student chapter of the American Health Lawyers Association, the largest association of practicing health care lawyers in the U.S.
- For nearly three decades, BU Law has housed The American Society of Law, Medicine & Ethics, the premier scholarly society in health law.
- Classes in heath law from world-renowned faculty such as George Annas, who was recently appointed one of BU's first William Fairfield Warren Distinguished Professors.
>>View more health law professors [+]