Young Artists Wind Ensemble
July 5, 2015 – August 2, 2015
Ages 14-19**The Young Artists Wind Ensemble is open to high school students who have not yet begun full-time college or conservatory study.
The Young Artists Wind Ensemble (YAWE) is one of the nation’s premiere summer youth programs of its kind and draws outstanding wind, brass, and percussion players from across the globe. It provides opportunities to study and perform works from the repertoire of great wind ensemble literature composed from the seventeenth century through modern day. Being led by conductors H. Robert Reynolds and David J. Martins, the faculty is also comprised of two ensembles in residence: Axiom Brass and the Vento Chiaro Woodwind Quintet.
- Daily wind ensemble rehearsals with two concert performances in Seiji Ozawa Hall at the Tanglewood Music Center, led by conductors H. Robert Reynolds and David Martins
- Private lessons with additional lesson opportunities with BSO members and guest artists
- Chamber music rehearsals and coachings several times a week and up to four performances throughout the season
- Alexander Technique instruction with Betsy Polatin
- Master classes with some of the world’s most esteemed music professionals (past visits and classes include Mike Roylance, Robert Sheena, Tim Genis, Daniel Katzen, Ronald Barron, David Krauss and the United States Marine Band)
- Access to all Boston Symphony Orchestra and Tanglewood Music Center concerts, as many as 15 events a week
- 4 hours of transferable Boston University course credit