Young Artists Wind Ensemble
July 5, 2015 – August 2, 2015
Ages 14-19**Only students who have not begun college or conservatory study are eligible.
The Young Artists Wind Ensemble (YAWE) is one of the nation’s premiere summer youth programs of its kind and draws outstanding wind, brass, and percussion players from across the globe. It provides opportunities to study and perform works from the repertoire of great literature composed from the seventeenth century through modern day. Being led by some of the foremost wind ensemble conductors in America, the faculty is also comprised of two ensembles in residence: Axiom Brass and the Vento Chiaro Woodwind Quintet.
- Daily wind ensemble rehearsals with two concert performances at Tanglewood’s Ozawa Hall, led by conductors such as H. Robert Reynolds and David Martins
- Private lessons with additional lesson opportunities with BSO members and guests
- Daily chamber music rehearsals and up to four performances throughout the season
- Alexander Technique instruction with Betsy Polatin
- Master classes with some of the world’s most esteemed music professionals (past visits and classes include Mike Roylance, Robert Sheena, Tim Genis, Daniel Katzen, Ronald Barron, David Krauss and the United States Marine Band)
- Access to all Boston Symphony Orchestra and Tanglewood Music Center concerts, as many as 15 events a week
- 4 hours of transferable Boston University course credit