June 23 – July 6, 2024
Ages 14 – 20
Please note: 2024 program dates, lengths, and locations subject to change due to extenuating circumstances.
Led by Kyle Brightwell, Boston Symphony Orchestra percussionist and BU Lecturer in Music, the two-week Percussion Workshop offers accomplished young percussionists the opportunity to work with some of the most prominent artists and teachers in the nation.
- Instruction on topics including snare drum, timpani and mallet technique, as well as equipment maintenance, and mallet wrapping
- Preparation of standard orchestral excerpts for auditions
- Mock auditions with review by students and faculty
- Study of both solo and orchestral repertoire
- Individualized attention and masterclasses
- Performance opportunities
- Boston University transferable course credit
BUTI encourages you to apply to every program for which you’re interested and eligible. Please also consider applying to the following related program(s):
Tuition, Fees, and Scholarships
The total cost of attending BUTI is based on the total number of weeks in attendance (even if attending more than one program). Find more detailed information here.
Scholarships are awarded based on merit and/or financial need in combination with enrollment needs. Any student applying for scholarship must complete the scholarship section of the admissions application, even if only applying for a merit-based award (the scholarship application is found within the digital admissions application). Students will be notified of any potential scholarship assistance with their admission decision. Learn more about scholarships at BUTI.