July 7 – August 17, 2024
Ages 14 – 19*
The six-week Young Artists Vocal Program (YAVP), under the direction of Penelope Bitzas, BU Associate Professor of Music, nurtures and encourages the development of gifted young singers who wish to pursue professional studies and performance. The intensive and comprehensive curriculum is based on a conservatory model of training: one that develops all the essentials for healthy vocal technique, sensitive and informed musicianship, and convincing performance.
- Individual lessons and coachings to focus on technique, interpretation, and musicianship
- Academic classes through the lens of a singer in diction and IPA, music theory, music history, movement/acting, and performance skills
- Masterclasses and guest lectures
- College and career prep seminars aimed at building portfolios, preparing for auditions, and other skills necessary to excel in the field
- Electives in health and wellness and more
- Performance opportunities
- Boston University transferable course credit
*The Young Artists Vocal Program is open to high school students who have not yet begun full-time college or conservatory study.
Please note: 2024 program dates, lengths, and locations subject to change due to extenuating circumstances.