Available to: Faculty, Departments – includes departmental supervisors and managers, Human Resources and Budget staff employees
Cost: No charge
- Contact your Data Security Administrator (DSA) to ensure that your permit access and value security are appropriate for your roles and responsibilities
Compensation, previously known as the annual Merit Increase process, is a web-based system that allows departmental supervisors and managers to evaluate performance and recommend merit salary increases for their employees, while allowing Human Resources and Budget to review, monitor sign-offs, and approve increases for designated populations. Extensive batch reporting supports this process from end to end.
Efficiency of the Compensation process is optimized by providing, through the BUworks portal, a web-based system for entering, reviewing, and approving merit and other increases increases for faculty and staff on the Charles River and Medical Campuses.
- Allows supervisors and managers to recommend employees’ annual merit increases
- Allows Human Resources and Budget staff to monitor, facilitate, and complete the process
- Provides approval workflow
- Provides salary history reporting and pre- and post-increase audit reporting between legacy systems and SAP
What to Expect
This service normally will be available 24/7 except for standard change windows, as described in IS&T’s standard policies, procedures, and schedules for making changes.
Access requires merit recommender/merit approver role in the BUworks portal for the appropriate org units.
Contact your Data Security Administrator (DSA) to ensure that you have the appropriate role for the org units.