Available to: Faculty, Researchers, Staff, Departments – Based on business role. Certain student employees have access based on their position responsibilities.
Cost: No charge
The BUworks Finance component provides a set of SAP and other applications designed to integrate the University’s financial management processes, including general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, budget, operational procurement, and research accounting functions. These systems support the financial planning and transactional functions for the University and provide the data for internal and external reporting via the SAP Business Warehouse and mainframe reporting systems.
This service provides an integrated infrastructure that supports budget, finance, procurement, and research administration across the University. The financial systems are designed to improve the University’s ability to plan, manage, and transact financial data. They provide consistency of information in a secure environment, available 24/7.
- Provides access to transact, analyze, and report on the University’s financial information
- Supports operational planning for the University budget
- Supports the creation of the University’s audited financial statements
- Supports the financial management of grants and other awards
- Enables procurement of nearly all goods and services at the University
- Supports the following key financial processes:
- General Ledger/Accounting
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Operational Budgeting
- Funds Management
- Capital Project Accounting
- Grants Management
- Endowment Accounting
- Cash Management
What to Expect
This service normally will be available 24 by 7 except for standard change windows, as described in IS&T’s standard policies, procedures, and schedules for making changes.
- An employee record on SAP
- A BU login account to access the SAP functions through the BUworks Portal
- A supported web browser