Available to: Faculty, Researchers, Staff - Employees on the University payroll have access to Employee Self-service functions; managers and supervisors with direct reports have access to Manager Self-service functions.
Cost: No charge
The BUworks Central Portal provides convenient, web-based access to most BUworks modules. Through the portal's Employee Self-service (ESS) tab, employees can view and update personal information, access benefit information, enter time, and view pay statements. Through the portal's Manager Self-service (MSS) tab, managers can create, view, modify, and approve changes to employee data within their area of responsibility.
ESS provides on-line access to an employee’s personal information, time and leave request entry, benefits enrollment, and pay stub information. MSS centralizes two main areas of functionality: (1) Team application enables managers to approve time, approve requests from employees such as time off, and initiate personnel actions such as transfers and leave of absence. (2) Organization application enables managers to control their organizational structure by initiating the creation or maintenance of org units and positions.
- Besides the ESS and MSS functions described below, the BUworks Central Portal provides access to BUworks Finance, BUworks Human Resources (HCM), BUworks Procurement, and Reporting & Analytics.
- Employee Self-service (ESS)
- The majority of hourly-paid employees can enter hours worked into a formatted template in SAP and then submit the time sheet online to their manager.
- Newly hired employees can select and enroll in their benefits online.
- Employees are able to obtain up-to-date info on plan participation and flexible savings account (FSA) balances.
- W-4 functionality enables employees to update their federal and state tax withholding online and have the change take effect immediately.
- Employees can set up direct deposit to multiple accounts, including deposits to the Metro Credit Union.
- Employees can update personal data, including home addresses, and update their family members/dependents information.
- Manager Self-service (MSS)
- Managers have convenient, web-based access to information in a concise, easy-to-navigate format.
- Managers have a complete view of employee, organizational unit, and position information within in their area of responsibility.
- Managers can approve working time for non-exempt employees.
- Managers can maintain employee data and manage employees through personnel actions.
What to Expect
This service normally will be available 24/7 except for standard change windows, as described in IS&T’s standard policies, procedures, and schedules for making changes.
BU login name and Kerberos password
- Review Browser and System Requirements
- Review Frequently Asked Questions
- Review the BUWorks Training & Help Guides
- Log in to the BUworks Central portal
- Log in to MyBUworks for access to certain BUworks functions including My Paystubs, My Leave Requests, Approve Leave Request, that works seamlessly on a desktop browser, smartphones, and tablets.
- If you have questions at any time: