For maintaining stability and security with BUWorks Internet Explorer 11 in compatibility mode (Windows 7 or higher required) and Firefox 45 ESR are the recommended browsers (please check compatibility with other applications you use). BUworks also supports Internet Explorer 9 and 10 (compatibility mode).
The minimum and recommended system requirements for use of BUworks are comparable to those outlined for Blackboard Learn:
- Windows Vista SP 2 or Windows 7
- Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) through OS X 10.9 (Yosemite)
Please note that faculty and staff are eligible to run the most current and complete version of Windows on both BU-owned and home machines, as outlined by the Microsoft Enterprise Agreement. Mac OS X is available through Sourcing.
- Make sure you have reviewed the Browser and System Requirements outlined above.
- Check the version of Java on your computer and update if necessary. Note: Only the Sun/Oracle version of Java is officially supported. If you experience any problems using the IBM version (or others) you should remove that version and install Java, from the link below.
- Visit the Java test page.
- A box should appear saying, “Your Java is working.” If it does not, please use the Get Help icon at the top of this page to submit a request for assistance.
- Check the line titled Version. Your computer should be configured with the latest version (Java SE 8 Update 91 as of this writing). If you do not have this version or higher of Java installed, please click the Get Help icon at the top of this page.
- Configure your Pop-up Blocker Settings as described below.
- If and ONLY IF you are using a Mac, make sure to update your Adobe Flash Player to the most recent version.
Pop-up Blocker Settings
BUworks requires adjustments to your pop-up blocker settings.