Change of Personal Information

When the ISSO issued your immigration document, we did so based on very specific information provided by you and your school, department, or program. Therefore, if anything changes, the ISSO needs to be notified in advance so that we can advise you appropriately and update your documents when required.

As indicated below, please bring proof of the requested change to the ISSO along with your current immigration document and passport.

Change of Legal Name (USCIS must be notified within 10 days)

Passport or any other document which proves a legal change to your name

Change of Citizenship


Change of Address (USCIS must be notified within 10 days)

See Change of Address for instructions

Change in Source of Funding

Award letter, or original sponsor support letter and bank statement. Documents must be in English, with amounts in US dollars.

Scholars, please note that changes in funding may affect your eligibility for immigration sponsorship. Therefore, any change in your funding amount or source (BU or outside funding) should be discussed in advance of the change.