We’re advocates for international exchange, promoting the academic, professional, and personal growth of Boston University’s diverse community of international students, faculty, and staff. Working under the aegis of BU Global Programs, the International Students & Scholars Office (ISSO) cultivates campus-wide appreciation for our community’s many contributions that enhance BU’s richness and character.
We provide professional expertise on immigration and employment, and help ensure student, scholar, and institutional compliance with federal regulations. ISSO staff are available to guide students and scholars through the often complicated requirements for foreign nationals studying and working in the United States.
- Cultural adjustment
- Intercultural programs and events
- Immigration assistance, including:
- Maintaining status
- Changing status
- Traveling outside the US (and returning)
- Social Security Number application
- Working outside BU
We can also provide information about:
- Boston University services, policies, and procedures
- Community programs and services
- Holiday programs and travel opportunities
- Scholarships, fellowships, assistantships, and educational loans
- Embassies and consulates
You can contact us any time you have questions or need assistance, or visit us in our office at 888 Commonwealth Avenue.