Change of Address

Have you moved to or do you plan on moving to a new apartment, BU dormitory or house?  If so, please read below to ensure you properly report your change of U.S. address.

All foreign nationals, including permanent residents and international students and scholars, are required to notify the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) within 10 days of any changes to their place of residence in the U.S. The procedure for informing USCIS of an address change differs based on your immigration status.

While it will be helpful for you to file a change of address or request forwarding service with the U.S. Postal Service for your day to day mail, doing so will not satisfy the federal reporting requirement. Mail from the U.S. government will not be forwarded by the U.S. Postal Service and will be returned to the issuing government agency as undeliverable.