Welcome to the Student Employment Office!
We are the comprehensive resource for all matters related to student employment at Boston University, whether you are a student, supervisor, payroll coordinator or off-campus employer.
- NEW: Effective July 1, 2015, some Boston University student employees are now entitled to earn paid sick time. Application procedures and accrual information may be found here.
- Students who work at Boston University are not permitted to work during scheduled class time. Once your class schedule is finalized each semester, confirm with your supervisor that your work schedule does not conflict with your class schedule.
- Beginning Tuesday, October 14, 2014 all students accessing salary statements and/or signing up for direct deposit will automatically be enrolled in Duo Security, a high security login process.
- Check out the process for signing up for Direct Deposit and accessing student salary statements!
Supervisors and Payroll Coordinators
- NEW: Effective July 1, 2015, some Boston University student employees are now entitled to earn paid sick time, as noted in June 26 email from Vice President Pohl. Procedures and accrual information are available for supervisors and payroll coordinators.
- Important information about completing and submitting Form I-9 may be found here.
- Remember: it is your responsibility to confirm with all students working in your department that their work schedules do not conflict with their class schedules. Students may not work during scheduled class time.
- Please read the latest edition of the Student Payroll News for important information on sick time for student employees, academic year hiring, I-9s, international student hiring and more.