Welcome to the Student Employment Office!
We are the comprehensive resource for all matters related to student employment at Boston University, whether you are a student, supervisor, payroll coordinator, or off-campus employer.
- Check out the process for signing up for Direct Deposit and accessing student pay stubs!
- It is important to be aware that summer payments are subject to FICA taxation. The first summer pay date for weekly-salaried students is Friday May, 10. The first summer pay date for hourly paid and one-time payments is Friday, May 31. Click here to view the Summer FICA Policy.
Supervisors and Payroll Coordinators:
- Students graduating on May 19 are no longer eligible to be paid as student employees for work done after May 19. Click here to view the summer hiring criteria to learn who is eligible to be paid as a student employee over the summer.
- Departments may hire a graduated students into temporary or staff positions after graduation. Click here to learn the procedure.
- Supervisors must be sure to use the correct I-9 Form. A new version was issued in March 2013.