Undergraduates can supplement their degree with an in-depth minor in biomedical engineering.
- Undergrad Minors
- 5 Courses
- 20 Credits
- A Minor in Biomedical Engineering is earned through completion of 20 credits. Twelve credits must be unique to the minor and may not count toward the fulfillment of majors or additional minors. No more than 8 credits can be used to satisfy the student’s major degree program requirements.
- ENG BE 209 is required.
- The remaining 16 credits are to be selected from among ENG BE courses at the 400-level and 500-level, or ENG EK 424. ENG BE 700 level courses may also be used by petition.
- Students are expected to obtain the necessary background (pre-requisites or equivalents) to complete their chosen minor program.
- A minimum 2.00 GPA is required in the courses used to satisfy the minor, with no grade less than a C–.
Timeline to Declare
- Students must have a declared major on record in order to apply for the Minor in Biomedical Engineering.
- Applications for the Minor in Biomedical Engineering must be approved by the Associate Chair of Undergraduate Programs of the Biomedical Engineering Department.
- Students planning to pursue a minor in Biomedical Engineering should apply as early as possible—or by May 1 of the junior year—to facilitate course planning.
Please reference the list of duplicate classes when planning your minor.