Admissions Student Diversity Board Coordinators
BU Admissions is seeking dedicated and enthusiastic Admissions Student Diversity Board (ASDB) members who are interested in pursuing a leadership role within ASDB as a Coordinator. In this role, you will be a part of the Admissions student leadership team which is responsible for overseeing every aspect of the volunteer program.
- Facilitate the recruitment, selection, and training of new members
- Assist in cultivating the community within the organization by building relationships with and among all members. This includes engaging the group’s motivation, interest, and enthusiasm about their work. Working to retain their continued participation with the program, as well as encouraging participation in other opportunities provided by ASDB and Admissions
- Manage and serve as a primary leader for one of the four ASDB committees: Public Relations, Community Building, Boston Outreach, and Community Linked
- Plan and lead Multicultural Community Weekend, Boston Overnight Event, and other events hosted by Admissions
- Actively contribute to the planning and leading of ASDB meetings, Ambassador monthly meetings, all Coordinator meetings, Ambassador training, and Committee meetings
- Host office hours at the Admissions Reception Center to complete assigned tasks and be available to meet with ambassadors
- Manage email communication with Ambassadors
The Coordinator position is open to all ambassadors who are passionate about the mission of Boston University, BU Admissions, and multicultural recruitment within ASDB. The position requires excellent organization and communication skills and the ability to follow through with numerous tasks simultaneously.
Coordinators must be in good academic standing throughout his or her tenure in the position. A minimum of a 2.5 cumulative GPA in each semester is required to continue in the program. Students on academic probation will not be able to continue serving in Admissions in any capacity. In addition, all students must be in good judicial and financial standing with Boston University. The Admissions Office will conduct periodic checks with the appropriate student services offices to verify eligibility.
Dates of Employment:
Spring 2023 School Year*
Monday, March 27, 2023 – Wednesday, May 3, 2023
*This applies only to folks who are on campus this spring. The goal, whenever possible, is to incorporate incoming coordinators in MCW planning in preparation for the MCW 2024.
2023-2024 School Year
Wednesday, August 30, 2023 – Wednesday, May 1, 2024
Tentative Training Dates:
Wednesday, August 30, 2023 – Friday, September 1, 2023
Compensation & Commitment
Coordinators will work 10-12 hours per week in the office and have 5 additional out-of-office hours that are flexible (ex: interviews, trainings on Saturdays, phone-a-thons, touring, etc). The work will be split between required office hours at the Admissions Office, meetings, and occasional events outside of business hours. Compensation for the position will be $16/hour. This role should be your main leadership role on campus, so we ask Coordinators not to pursue leadership roles with large time commitments in other clubs or organizations. Lastly, since the Coordinator role is a full year commitment, you will not be able to study abroad during the 2023-2024 academic year.
Application & Interview Process
Please complete and submit the application below along with an unofficial transcript, a copy of your spring 2022 class schedule, and a resume listing all activities, jobs, accomplishments, and leadership by February 17, 2023.
After you submit your materials, we will be in touch with you the week of February 27th to set up an in-person interview.
If you have any questions, please contact Sarah Thomson at email@example.com.